|////////// VERMONT HALL OF FAME|
|Earl LaPan started
playing horseshoes about the mid thirty's. Earl was a class A player,
and would travel all over the state to play and take part in
tournaments. He seldom missed any of the horseshoe tournaments that were
held in Brattleboro and Bennington. He was married to Doris.
Earl would play at the Ethan Allen Park in the old north end part of Burlington. In South Burlington, in McKenzie's field on Patchen Road, Earl helped Charlie Church build the courts. He was instrumental on laying out the courts.
They held the Vermont States in 1957. This was the first one held in South Burlington. Then it was rotated every 3 years between Brattleboro, Bennington, and South Burlington.
In 1967 South Burlington gave up the club.
Earl passed away in 1961.